The Australasian Neuroscience Society (ANS) will provide financial support (up to a total of $500) to cover some of the costs for carers attending the 2018 Meeting. This is provided to help with costs that are additional to the member and that would not have occurred otherwise.
The support can be used for (for example):
- airfares for dependents accompanying the researcher to the meeting
- airfares for a relative or professional carer accompanying the researcher and his/her child(ren) to the meeting
- daycare expenses at the site of the meeting
- extra expenses incurred at home because the caregiver was attending the meeting
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- a carer
- a member of the ANS
- submitting an abstract for the meeting.
Applications for a carer grant will be available via the conference registration process (opening in June 2018). Please note that upon applying for the grant, you will be asked to briefly describe how you will use the funds should your application be successful. Receipts of proof of purchase will be required in order for the grant to be paid to your nominated bank account.
Applications will close at 5pm, Friday 31 August 2018 in conjunction with earlybird registrations closing. Successful applicants will be notified within 2 months of this date.
The applications will be ranked by the ANS Equity and Diversity Committee, and successful applicants approved by the ANS Council. Selection will be based on the following:
- Priority will be given to junior members (less than 5 years post PhD) over senior members
- Circumstances where high-needs care is required will be prioritized
- Applicants giving talks will be ranked above those presenting posters
For any questions regarding the Carer Grants, please contact:
ANS Equity and Diversity Committee Chair