Nina Kondelos Award
The Nina Kondelos Prize is awarded to a female neuroscientist for outstanding contribution to basic or clinical neuroscience research. The Nina Kondelos Prize was made possible by a donation to the Society by Professor George Paxinos, and it is named after his late sister. The Nina Kondelos Prize was awarded for the first time in 2007 at the IBRO2007 World Congress of Neuroscience in Melbourne. Successful nominees will receive $500 plus a certificate.
Rules for the Nina Kondelos Prize
1. The nominee must be a female member of ANS and the achievement must be in the field of neuroscience.
2. The nominee must not have received other major national or international prizes such as the PM's Prize, Ramaciotti and Glaxo.
3. Each nominee must be proposed by one nominator, who must also list three supporters. Nominator and supporters must be members of ANS.
4. The nomination must include a one-page description of achievement and a three-page CV.
5. The prize shall be judged by a committee appointed by Council.
How to Apply
Nominations for the Nina Kondelos Award for 2017 are due by June 30th, 2017 and should be submitted to the ANS Secretary Kay Double. Applicants must be Members in good standing on the 30th June in the year of nomination