ANS Annual Conference
The Australian Neuroscience Society holds an Annual Scientific Meeting every year, generally in late January/ early February.
ANS2012 was held on the Gold Coast, Qld, from Sunday 29th January - Wednesday 1st February.
ANS2013 was held in Melbourne from Sunday 3rd February - Wednesday 6th February.
ANS 2014 will be held in Adelaide from Tuesday 28th January - Friday 31st January.
ANS 2015 will be held in Cairns from 23rd-28th August as a joint meeting with the International Society for Neurochemistry (ISN) and the Asian-Pacific Society for Neurochemistry (APSN).
ANS2016 will be held in Hobart, dates to be advised.
Previous ANS Conferences
- 2013 - Melbourne (1112 registrants) author index, plenary abstracts, symposium abstracts, oral abstracts - Monday & Tuesday, oral abstracts - Wednesday, poster abstracts - Monday, poster abstracts - Tuesday
- 2012 - Gold Coast (780 registrants) author index, plenary abstracts, symposium abstracts, oral abstracts, poster abstracts
- 2011 - Auckland (827 registrants) author index, plenary abstracts, symposium abstracts, oral abstracts, poster abstracts
- 2010 - Sydney (joint meeting with AuPS; 979 registrants) author index, plenary abstracts, symposium abstracts, oral abstracts, poster abstracts - Monday, poster abstracts - Tuesday
- 2009 - Canberra (740 registrants) author index, plenary abstracts, symposium abstracts, oral abstracts, poster abstracts
- 2008 - Hobart (639 registrants) author index, oral abstracts, poster abstracts - Monday, poster abstracts - Tuesday
- 2007 - Melbourne (joint meeting with IBRO; 2300 registrants)
- 2006 - Sydney (865 registrants)
- 2005 - Perth (752 registrants)
- 2004 - Melbourne (886 registrants)
- 2003 - Adelaide (704 registrants)
- 2002 - Sydney (587 registrants)
- 2001 - Brisbane (578 registrants)
- 2000 - Melbourne (578 registrants)
- 1999 - Hobart (528 registrants)
- 1998 - Canberra (532 registrants)
- 1997 - Newcastle (471 registrants)
- 1996 - Adelaide (559 registrants)
- 1995 - Perth (492 registrants)
- 1994 - Sydney (549 registrants)
- 1993 - Melbourne (>500 registrants)
- 1992 - Adelaide (389 registrants)
- 1991 - Dunedin, New Zealand (>60 registrants)
- 1990 - Brisbane (320 registrants)
- 1989 - Melbourne (340 registrants)
- 1988 - Canberra
- 1987 - Newcastle (223 ANS registrants + 46 ASANZ registrants)
- 1986 - Perth
- 1985 - Adelaide
- 1984 - Canberra
- 1983 - Melbourne
- 1982 - Sydney
- 1981 - Adelaide (>200 registrants)
ANS Joint Meetings
ANS hosted the 13th Meeting of the International Society for Neurochemistry in Sydney in July 1991. It has held joint meetings with other societies on several occasions, including with a number of Australian societies jointly in Canberra in 1988, with the APSN in Brisbane in 2000, ISDN in Sydney 2002, the International Brain Research Organization (IBRO) World Congress of Neuroscience in Melbourne in 2007 and the Australian Physiological Society in 2010.
ANS Sponsored Boden Conferences
- 2004 - Visual cortex: A variety of viewpoints
- 1998 - Synaptic transmission
- 1997 - Retinal biology and retinal diseases
- 1993 - Muscle afferents and motor control
- 1991 - Innervation of blood vessels
- 1990 - Regulatory peptides
- 1989 - Processing of information in the auditory and tactile systems
- 1984 - Chemical transmitters in the nervous system